Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jjaje One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 81963  
Subject: SLOCM Sauce review Date: 1/21/2002 2:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Before Christmas I ordered two bottles of sauce to try out. I was hoping to wait to do a slow cooked que to test it but... We ran out of the other stuff, and were grilling some Prime Rib, so we cracked open a bottle.

Now, I'll say I live in Michigan, where people usually go for those real sweet thick sauces. Lately I have been buying Stubbs (spicy for me, regular for spouse) grilling and Bar B Q sauce at he grocery store.

Viscosity - good for squirting on a slow cooked Q. Some people prefer a thick sauce for dipping grilled beef, but this worked well, as it stuck to the beef. Some sauces seem to not stay on grilled meat if you're dipping, but we had no problem.

Color - this is all over the place for store bought stuff. The color was consistent, and appealing. Not ruby red like the sugary stuff that have the molasses and brown sugars. Not pale either. Good depth.

Taste - After my first bite, I tought my wife wouldn't like it, as it is spicier than what she usually likes, but she really liked it. I liked it very much also. The spices work well together, and provide distinctive flavor without being overpowering. Flavor instead of sting I guess. It left no distasteful after taste that that too often takes enjoyment of the other side items to a meal.

Presentation - Extremely original label.

Smell - sorry on this one, my nose was too stuffed up for a good review of the smell.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SmokinLizard Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4557 of 81963
Subject: Re: SLOCM Sauce review Date: 1/21/2002 2:30 PM
Recommendations: 0
thanks,jjaje!

For the fine critique.

I'd like to add it to my "Reviews" page (www.slocm.com/Response.htm)...OK with you?

Thanks,

£iz

Author: ez3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4558 of 81963
Subject: Re: SLOCM Sauce review Date: 1/21/2002 2:59 PM
Recommendations: 3
Hey jjaje,

Great review and welcome aboard!

Smell - sorry on this one, my nose was too stuffed up for a good review of the smell.

Took a peak at your profile and being the engineer you are, I thought ya'd be interested in the following story, and this is true!

I'm the "overseer" for the water and wastewater systems on one of the National Forests in western Montana.

We drilled a new water well for one of our admin. sites and before we could put it on line, we had to do all those EPA tests for Organic Chemicals, Inorganic Chemicals, bacteria, pH, etc, etc, etc.

Well, the one test that had us perplexed was the Odor Test listed in the EPA Regs. I called our Environmental Engineer to find out what that test was about. Odor can be subjective. They didn't know, but looked it up in the regs. and saw that it was listed.

I wound up calling the state DEQ, since they are the ones charged with enforcing the EPA regs. and got the following reply:

"Oh, yes. The dreaded Odor Test. Well, to be completely scientific, the test is performed by a panel of six women, over the age of 50, who must be tobacco free for the past 10 years. The water sample is then passed among them for their opinion. But since this is not a test related to the health hazards of the water supply, you can assemble your own panel of six women and save the cost of the state running the test!"

I put this in my report, and needless to say got a few phones calls!

gummit regs. - who writes this stuff!

ez3

Author: bikermike Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4559 of 81963
Subject: Re: SLOCM Sauce review Date: 1/21/2002 3:42 PM
Recommendations: 5
Q. gummit regs. - who writes this stuff!

A. _________________

(I was going to give a true, complete, heartfelt response, but I don't want to be banned from the Boards.)

Author: DonnaPawl Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4560 of 81963
Subject: Re: SLOCM Sauce review Date: 1/21/2002 3:48 PM
Recommendations: 1
jjaje: Very nice subjective critique. Sure you don't write food/restaurant reviews on the side?

Enjoy your sauce ...

DP

Author: jjaje One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4563 of 81963
Subject: Re: SLOCM Sauce review Date: 1/21/2002 4:25 PM
Recommendations: 0
I'd like to add it to my "Reviews" page (www.slocm.com/Response.htm)...OK with you?

No problem - I will definately order more when needed.

jjaje

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement