No. of Recommendations: 0
Small 401(k)Plans are expensive to administer. You may want to call Strong Funds or use an insurance company product. Principal Financial is the largest writer of 401(k) plans and has a small employer product. Other vendors are American United Life, Guardian, and Standard Insurance just to mention a few.

Another alternative would be to use a local record keeper and access Schwabs 401(k) product. Keep in mind that your billed fees may be very high. Typically a vendor will uses investment management income to make the record keeping expenses look less.

Hope this helps

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.