Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: woodrowkwc Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 45  
Subject: small cap with a great record Date: 1/28/1999 2:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Just finished buying in and I realize no one else is here to read this so this must be my own personal Journal.

In short, new management team, exposure in Europe , new addition to clothes line.

1998 was a year of growth in the 30% area

1999 will be a year of growth inthe 30% area

I LIKE

Ok, it's a small room with a contrarian talking to himself while the feeding frenzy is going on in the internet roomm.

Should my note in the bottle touch a life or see the light of day. Bless you!!

Check out my numbers and see if it is not true.

Leave a note so that I may know that some other lonely stranger past this way.

Woodrow Knight of the Woeful Countenance.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: roth37 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 45
Subject: Re: small cap with a great record Date: 1/28/1999 12:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
WK of the WC

I'm with you on this board, but I believe we are the lone souls buying this stock. I have owned GOSHA for 3 1/2 years. Bought at 8.75. Recently I have watched a healthy gain disappear as 50% of my share value eroded over the past couple of months. As usual, there is no news, no analysis, no conversation, and no volume to suggest why this has happened. Sometimes I fear that this stock is driven by the few Fools who identify it as a bargain and then trade it amongst themselves. I'm reminded of the joke about the broker who calls his client and recommends stock A at $10/share. His client buys 100 shares. A week later the broker calls back and tells his client that it has risen to $20/share. Elated by his quick return and good fortune, the client adds another 100 shares to his position. Finally, after watching his stock rise to $100/share, adding each time his broker informs him of a rise, the client calls his broker and tells him to sell his shares. "To whom," says the broker.

This is a good company, but a thinly traded and unpredictable stock. I let it stagnate for 2 years and then watched it run, only to fall behind again. I hope your estimates are correct. I'm hoping that its recent sag has to do with the general indifference to traditional (read non-e) retail.

Off topic (but who's listening anyway)--I saw your post on the OMX board, I'm long there too. Looks like you might get your share price before today's session ends. Yet another retailer I can't predict. Good luck.

Roth37

Author: rroyster Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 45
Subject: Re: small cap with a great record Date: 1/29/1999 11:55 AM
I'm with you on this board, but I believe we are the lone souls buying this stock. I have owned GOSHA for 3 1/2 years. Bought at 8.75. Recently I have watched a healthy gain disappear as 50% of my share value eroded over the past couple of months. As usual, there is no news, no analysis, no conversation, and no volume to suggest why this has happened. Sometimes I fear that this stock is driven by the few Fools who identify it as a bargain and then trade it amongst themselves. <i/>

I could sure use some advice on this stock. This is one of five that my wife gave me to research for her. It's going to be HER pick though. Anyway, is there really no reason you can see that the stock absolutely TANKED in December? Could it be portfolio managers dressing up their portfolio with glamor stocks? I don't have institutional selling data in front of me so I don't know. Just a thought. Can someone explain to me why earnings plummeted several years ago despite rising revenues??

Thanks to anyone who responds.

BTW, I hope the old saying "three's a crowd" doesn't apply to this board ;-)

Richard

Author: woodrowkwc Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13 of 45
Subject: Re: small cap with a great record Date: 4/23/1999 9:41 PM
Lots and Lots of quality quality value companies are going unnoticed due to the interest in intertnet growth.
Still, a time will come that the DJ is not going up on just 20 or 30 companies . When the rest of the market is found. Gosha will be found.

Patience. A great managment team, agreat expansion of growth of product and increase sales in europe.

it is an earnings grower and will eventually be recognized. maybe only once a year and then left alone. it is not traded a lot but still will be valued.

I know of only one analyst that even follows Gosha.
Small cap is NOT in. This company is still worth having.
Woodrow

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement