UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1329  
Subject: S'mashed taters Date: 2/20/2012 1:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I think I've mentioned this before but here it is again.

I will nuke a fairly large russet potato, let it cool, then cut it in half and put one half in the fridge. The other half I mash with a fork and I cut up the skin as well.

I then add a little freshly ground pepper and maybe a little rosemary or thyme to some chicken broth which I heat. Put the smushed potato into the broth and nuke that (briefly) to heat up the potato.

I may add a spinkle of grated cheese.

Almost fat free and still tasty.

Christina
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ChiliChild Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1307 of 1329
Subject: Re: S'mashed taters Date: 2/21/2012 9:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Re: fat-free potato

Never thought of the broth addition. Will do that when there's leftover broth hanging around.

My baked potato routine is: Bake a large one and cut off 1/3 for me, 2/3 for ChiliSpouse. He adds sour cream, garlic, real butter, grated cheese, and mushes it up on his plate until it resembles what I call glop.

I make several slices in mine, add Butter Buds, green salsa and a bit of grated cheese, then nuke it to melt the cheese. Like you, very close to fat-free and really tasty. If I'm feeling particularly virtuous, no cheese for me!

Chili

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1313 of 1329
Subject: Re: S'mashed taters Date: 2/26/2012 4:55 PM
Recommendations: 0
Never thought of the broth addition. Will do that when there's leftover broth hanging around

I'll use a bit of Herb-ox's sodium free instant broth - chicken bouillon in a small amount of hot water if I don't have any homemade broth.

I'm not surprised that you add some green salsa!

Christina

Author: ChiliChild Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1314 of 1329
Subject: Re: S'mashed taters Date: 2/27/2012 10:12 AM
Recommendations: 1
I'm not surprised that you add some green salsa!

Maybe after almost 15 years at TMF, I should change my name to GreenChileGal. :o)

Also a tomatilla salsa lover, which is also green.

Chili

Author: StarWarriorRie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1317 of 1329
Subject: Re: S'mashed taters Date: 3/1/2012 2:39 PM
Recommendations: 0
Also a tomatilla salsa lover, which is also green.

Chili

Me too!

;)

StarWarrior Rie

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement