UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756692  
Subject: SMDH Date: 10/9/2012 7:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Two things have made me shake my damn head today:

1. Someone keyed one of our parking enforcement vehicles. I know that people get irate over parking tickets (they literally are more upset with parking tickets than getting arrested, true story!) but vandalizing one of our cars is hardly productive. All our funding comes from taxes, so when they vandalize one of our cars they're costing THEMSELVES money (assuming they pay state taxes of course). So they're getting back at us for costing them money by costing themselves more money? Alrighty then!

2. Who carries a $380 wallet (not $380 in their wallet, the wallet itself was valued at $380!) then leaves it unattended in a public building to be stolen? Students, that's who.

Who pays $380 for a wallet?!? My wallet is from Saddleback Leather, it cost $80 and is the most expensive wallet I've ever owned by far! It should also last me a lifetime (guaranteed for 100 years, so unless I make it to 134 I think I'm set for life!) Paying $380 for a wallet is just stupid. No excuse for that. I'm happy that Coach can find people dumb enough to pay it, more power to them... but seriously!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647828 of 756692
Subject: Re: SMDH Date: 10/9/2012 9:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
"Who pays $380 for a wallet?!? My wallet is from Saddleback Leather, it cost $80 and is the most expensive wallet I've ever owned by far! It should also last me a lifetime (guaranteed for 100 years, so unless I make it to 134 I think I'm set for life!) Paying $380 for a wallet is just stupid. No excuse for that. I'm happy that Coach can find people dumb enough to pay it, more power to them... but seriously!" - colovion

-----------------------

I bought my wallet at Hammer's in Maynardville for $4.99. I think it's made in Brazil or some place like that. It's a tri-fold wallet but I actually prefer a bi-fold wallet. I bought it because it's cheap and that's how I roll. I make do with what life dishes out to me. Very Taoist of me. I've always been that way only I never knew that was sort of a Taoist way of living my life.

Art

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647856 of 756692
Subject: Re: SMDH Date: 10/9/2012 11:46 AM
Recommendations: 1
Who pays $380 for a wallet?!? My wallet is from Saddleback Leather, it cost $80

Who pays $80 for a wallet?!? Mine is from Macy's, it cost $20.

--fleg

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647871 of 756692
Subject: Re: SMDH Date: 10/9/2012 12:40 PM
I bought it because it's cheap and that's how I roll.

Nothing wrong with saving money, provided you won't have to buy another wallet next year because yours falls apart or anything like that. I'll buy something expensive if I think I'll get my money's worth out of it. I should never have to buy another wallet ever again unless this one is stolen or I accidentally toss it into a wood chipper or something like that. Buy quality, cry once.

This is part of what I hate about cars. You can't buy a car these days and expect it to last forever. You don't own the car, you basically rent it until you can rent another one. In other words, it owns you. That's frustrating, to say the least. Maybe I'll have to go the Andrew route and just stop driving. I'd do it too! But my wife wouldn't be cool at all with it. Bah!

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648340 of 756692
Subject: Re: SMDH Date: 10/11/2012 6:02 PM
Who pays $380 for a wallet?!? My wallet is from Saddleback Leather, it cost $80 and is the most expensive wallet I've ever owned by far!

My wallet cost me $10 and I bought it at either Marshall's or TJ Maxx, I forget which. A day or two after I bought it, I came across some wallets somewhere or other that were priced at only $5 and would have done me just as well, and I was mad at myself for overspending.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648341 of 756692
Subject: Re: SMDH Date: 10/11/2012 6:05 PM
Recommendations: 2
Nothing wrong with saving money, provided you won't have to buy another wallet next year because yours falls apart or anything like that. I'll buy something expensive if I think I'll get my money's worth out of it. I should never have to buy another wallet ever again unless this one is stolen or I accidentally toss it into a wood chipper or something like that. Buy quality, cry once.

Well, if Art's $5 wallet lasts only a year, and he has to replace it, he's got 15 replacements to go before he hits $80. That's 15 years. Remember, Art's not planning on living any longer than that. <grin>

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648342 of 756692
Subject: Re: SMDH Date: 10/11/2012 6:06 PM
This is part of what I hate about cars. You can't buy a car these days and expect it to last forever. You don't own the car, you basically rent it until you can rent another one. In other words, it owns you. That's frustrating, to say the least. Maybe I'll have to go the Andrew route and just stop driving. I'd do it too! But my wife wouldn't be cool at all with it. Bah!

Is living in Ann Arbor doable without a car? Without too much inconvenience, I mean. If it is, I might consider living there at some point.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648389 of 756692
Subject: Re: SMDH Date: 10/12/2012 12:22 AM
"I came across some wallets somewhere or other that were priced at only $5 and would have done me just as well, and I was mad at myself for overspending." andrew

When we go to Knoxville later this month we'll be going to Hammer's which is an El-Cheapo little discount store that sells all kinds of interesting things at bargain prices. I bought my wallet there last time. Since we live so far from there now if I find a wallet for ~ $4.99 I'll buy another and store it in my desk for when the one I got wears out down the road.

Art

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648390 of 756692
Subject: Re: SMDH Date: 10/12/2012 12:25 AM
"Well, if Art's $5 wallet lasts only a year, and he has to replace it, he's got 15 replacements to go before he hits $80. That's 15 years. Remember, Art's not planning on living any longer than that. <grin>" andrew

The $5.00 wallet I got has lasted me 6 years so far. It is actually in good condition so it's probably got at least another ~ 5 years left? I don't know. I'm thinking about buying another wallet later this month because we are going back to Knoxville and will probably go to the store where I bought it.

Art

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement