UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75525  
Subject: Smith Barney's top picks for 2005 Date: 1/13/2005 9:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
just something to look at

http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/ArticleNews/story/RTGAM/20050106/wsmithbarney0106
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44026 of 75525
Subject: Re: Smith Barney's top picks for 2005 Date: 1/13/2005 8:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
This site appears to be a subscription site. Could you paraphrase?

Donna

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44038 of 75525
Subject: Re: Smith Barney's top picks for 2005 Date: 1/14/2005 3:22 PM
Recommendations: 0
Hi Donna,

Just saw your post and I tried the link again. The first time, I didn't have to register, the whole article came up, now it's blocked. I'm sorry I didn't keep the info.

LuckyDog

Author: CABob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44041 of 75525
Subject: Re: Smith Barney's top picks for 2005 Date: 1/14/2005 9:28 PM
Recommendations: 1
The link worked for me. It sounds like information that SSB puts out each year about this time. Ask them and you can probably get a copy. Of course they would like your business as well.

Some information on their picks from the article:

…Smith Barney, the brokerage arm of Citigroup Inc., has unveiled its list of top picks for 2005. The new list includes 59 stocks…
The list includes a number of well-known names such as RadioShack Corp. (RSH-N) and J.C. Penney Co. Inc. (JCP-N) in the retailing sectors, Intel Corp. (INTC-Q) in semiconductors, Cisco Systems Inc. (CSCO-Q) in telecom equipment, Bank of America (BAC-N) in the banks, PepsiCo. Inc. (PEP-N) in beverages and Time Warner Inc. (TWX-N) in entertainment, but also some lesser-known names such as Bone Care International Inc. (BCII-Q) in specialty pharmaceuticals, Pactiv Corp. (PTV-N) in containers and packaging, and Community Health Systems Inc. (CYH-N) in health care facilities.
United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS-N) got the nod in the airfreight and surface transportation group.
Charles Schwab Corp. (SCH-N) and Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. (MER-N) were the picks in the brokerage and asset managers category.
Gillette Co. (G-N) was the top choice in the cosmetics and household products group.
Geoff Kieburtz selected Halliburton Co. (HAL-N) as his top pick in the oil-field equipment and services sector

Bob

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement