UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: zgriner Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308660  
Subject: Smithsonian card Date: 9/22/1998 11:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I just got a come-on to get the Smithsonian affinity card, sponsored by the folks who brought you Discover and Private Issue cards. Their gimmick is that they make contributions to the Smithsonian if you join, and if you use the card.

The best part is that if you join and make a purchase by the end of the year, you get a $50 dollar savings bond.

Zev
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JABoa Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4540 of 308660
Subject: Re: Smithsonian card Date: 9/23/1998 10:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I got a similar come-on from the Boston Museum of Fine Arts a few months ago. What steamed me was their $10 minimum cash advance fee. There is an ATM machine in the MFA lobby, so if you used your card to take out $20 for two admissions, you'd pay $30. I wrote an outraged letter to the MFA Director -- no response, not even from a flunky.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement