Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: IronicFelix Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 30800  
Subject: Sneaky sugars Date: 8/12/2002 4:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The stuff can sneak up on you.

Went to a Japanese restaurant for my birthday. Ordered a big plate of sashimi, with a few slices of avocado and a couple of pieces of Tamago on the side. Tamago, that's the scrambled egg thing, formed into a block and cut into sushi-like slices. Egg. Sounded perfect. One bite and wham. Sugar. Never noticed it before. Asked the chef what's in it besides egg: sugar, sake and a pinch of salt.

Anyone else have any warning stories of sneaky sugars?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: xraymd Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1334 of 30800
Subject: Re: Sneaky sugars Date: 8/12/2002 4:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Anyone else have any warning stories of sneaky sugars?

Thai or Vietnamese spicy peanut sauce such as used with satay (charcoal? grilled kabobs). Don't let the heat make you think it ain't sweet!

xraymd

Author: docrobot Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1338 of 30800
Subject: Re: Sneaky sugars Date: 8/12/2002 5:16 PM
Gravy has secret carbs from the flour.

All sauces can have carbs too.

docrobot

Author: trapcook Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1351 of 30800
Subject: Re: Sneaky sugars Date: 8/13/2002 3:34 AM
Recommendations: 3
Some sneaky bastard put sugar in Snickers bars.

If I find that guy...

trap

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement