Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bosslady52 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 193219  
Subject: snowshoe recs? Date: 10/18/2012 10:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I know we have a few BB regulars who live in northern (snowy) climes and was wondering if any of you have recs for snowshoes. DH and I want to buy some for walking around our 16 acres and maybe down to the mailbox after a big snow :) He weighs around 240, so not sure if that impacts what kind he should look at...thanks for any help!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Gettinnear One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 190975 of 193219
Subject: Re: snowshoe recs? Date: 10/18/2012 1:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
My snow shoes look an awful lot like flip flops so I can't help you there.

Al (Gettinnear) (in Ft. Lauderdale)

Author: tori26 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191108 of 193219
Subject: Re: snowshoe recs? Date: 11/8/2012 11:35 AM
Bosslady,

some snowshoe places to read about

http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/snowshoes.html

http://www.orssnowshoesdirect.com/help-how-to-choose-snowsho...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/180375-how-to-fit-snowshoe...

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~-snowshoes/?perPage=24

Personally, our family has used for many years and really like

Tubbs snowshoes.

Linda

Author: bigpix Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191115 of 193219
Subject: Re: snowshoe recs? Date: 11/12/2012 1:49 PM
I've been using my MSR's for quite a few years now. Not like any other brand of snowshoes and you can buy them with "tails" to extend their weight range.

You can find them at all of the finer retailers. REI comes to mind as always.

I hope for some snow this season.

Cross Country skis are a whole other beast and nothing like snowshoes.

Unlike someone else on this board who shall remain nameless, I read your post and understand what you are looking to do.

Snowshoes provide a great work out too.

bigpix

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191116 of 193219
Subject: Re: snowshoe recs? Date: 11/12/2012 5:32 PM
Snowshoes provide a great work out too.

Heck yeah! Muscles you didn't know you had will protest the next day.

I can't help with brands though, I bought a pair of used wooden ones from a friend, Work great, but lately there's been a decided lack of snow. Be interesting to see what happens this year.

RM

Author: bosslady52 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191176 of 193219
Subject: Re: snowshoe recs? Date: 11/21/2012 10:07 PM
Thanks for all the replies; still looking and will check REI...forgot about them!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement