Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TheEvilDrP Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 38774  
Subject: So... Date: 4/2/2013 6:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 20
...I am becoming a California Fool. :-)

I have tentatively accepted an offer to work in the Sunnyvale/San Jose area and we are in negotiations now.

The Wombat is gigantic and awesome, and life is good.

That is all.

Minxie
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36158 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/2/2013 7:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
...I am becoming a California Fool. :-)

I have tentatively accepted an offer to work in the Sunnyvale/San Jose area and we are in negotiations now.

Let me know when the move is over! I'll take you to celebratory lunch on a weekend.

MOI

Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36159 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/2/2013 7:05 PM
Recommendations: 1
Welcome, welcome!

I spent a lot of time last year driving down there for work - so I'd do it for a Fool get together.

Author: cosmos284 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36160 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/2/2013 7:21 PM
Congrats on the new job! Good luck with the move!

Cosmos

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36161 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/2/2013 8:58 PM
ZOMG!!!!!!

Ishtar
(jumping up and down!)

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36162 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/2/2013 8:58 PM
And I will drive out if I can!!

Ishtar

Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36163 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/2/2013 9:11 PM
And I will drive out if I can!!

Ishtar

What do you mean "if" you can? I'll come get you!

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36164 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/2/2013 9:22 PM
The car is starting to have some issues. But maybe I can train or bus it out there.

The commuter bus no longer runs, but they do still have a bus that goes out; it's just not the fast/no stops commuter.

Ishtar

Author: DrBooa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36170 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/3/2013 12:55 AM
OMG OMG OMG! We go up there all the time! We're going there to see Bon Jovi! Let me know when you're on the West Coast!

(How are things on the west coast, interpol, is playing in my head now.)

--Booa

Author: impolite Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36174 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/3/2013 8:52 AM
I'm so happy for you, but also EXTREME JEALOUSY that it's not closer to me.

<le sigh>

impolite

Author: hheuer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36183 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/3/2013 1:27 PM
Recommendations: 2
How exciting, Minxie!
I hope I get to meet you one of these days!

-Hilary

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36184 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/3/2013 2:08 PM
Soooo- going from one Very-High-cost of living area, to a higher one...

Was the whole "buying the house*" thing worth it?

peace & sheds
t

* and now having to sell it

Author: dianakalt Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36196 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/3/2013 4:35 PM
Recommendations: 3
I'm so happy for you, but also EXTREME JEALOUSY that it's not closer to me.

Maybe you and I should hang out and post a really obnoxious NEENER post from flyover country so everyone else feels The Jealousy.

Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36197 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/3/2013 5:23 PM
Ishtar: If you can train/BART it to Berkeley, I'd drive you.

Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36198 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/3/2013 5:24 PM
Or the city of course, or Oakland - anywhere that isn't way east of here...

Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36200 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/3/2013 5:36 PM

Ishtar: If you can train/BART it to Berkeley, I'd drive you.

Daly City is easier. And I'd drive you. Or we can both meet Gingko100 and all ride together!

MOI

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36201 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/3/2013 5:37 PM
Cool, thanks, Gingko!

Ishtar

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36202 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/3/2013 5:38 PM
I understand. :)

Thanks again!

Ishtar

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36204 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/3/2013 6:38 PM
We'll miss you, but you've got to go where the jobs are.

Nancy
you realize, of course, that you'll never get another rum cake.

Author: makasha Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36208 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/4/2013 12:22 AM
And if MOI can't come get you, I will!

Kasha <--- wantsta meet EvilDrP

Author: impolite Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36224 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/4/2013 5:46 PM
How you lookin' for two weekends from now (12th through 14th)? Anytime in there, with an end time of 5pm - drive time Sunday.

impolite

Author: TheEvilDrP Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36230 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/6/2013 1:30 AM
Soooo- going from one Very-High-cost of living area, to a higher one...

Was the whole "buying the house*" thing worth it?

peace & sheds
t

* and now having to sell it

Well, I haven't decided whether to sell it or rent it; it's on the Cape so would rent fairly easily and I tend to collect houses. I may have to move some funds around to keep it but it's doable and there are property managers galore here.

Yes, it was worth it though in terms of emotional stability for The Wombat. He needed to know that we weren't moving again and that worked well for us. He's older now and able to deal with it better; he's very excited about the move. :-)

Minxie

Author: PipneyJane Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36330 of 38774
Subject: Re: So... Date: 4/25/2013 7:52 AM
Congratulations on the new job!

- Pam (weeks behind)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement