UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: GuildWarsQueen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 129084  
Subject: Re: Restoration Hardware paint mfg... Date: 2/4/2009 9:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
So, am wondering if I can avoid the delay by securing some directly from the manufacturer. I understand Benjamin Moore used to make RH paint, until 2007 or so. Not sure who does it now.

According to this place, it's Rodda Paint Co. **shrug** I have no idea if it's accurate or not.
http://www.painterforum.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=1508.0
They have a website
http://www.roddapaint.com/storefront.asp

I have also used Ralph Lauren paint, from HD, with excellent results, but really like the RH shades. (Flax and Cappuchino) Does anyone have experience with either Sherwin-Williams or Benjamin Moore? Have also used Behr, but wasn't overly impressed with the result.

If you want to try Benjamin Moore paint (but RH colors), I found a listing of alleged color matches.
http://www.constantchatter.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-608...
Color Matches For Restoration Hardware paint by Benjamin Moore unless otherwise noted:

Atmosphere Blue - Gentle Gray 1626. New: Iced Slate 2130-60.

Butter - Precious Ivory 185 OR Golden Straw2152-50 which slightly more gray but a good match. No new matches.

Butter Cream - Blossom Tint 933. No new matches.

Caffe Creme - Spanish White 943. No new matches.

Celery - Hawthorn Green 379 or Stanhope Yellow 280 (both very good, but not spot on). No new matches.

Creamware - Consentino Chardonnay 247. No new matches.

Latte - This is a new color and funcolors spec'd Crisp Khaki 234 as a close match and client was happy with it in comparison to her RH Latte chip. She nailed this.

Lavender - Same story as above spec'd BenM Porcelain 2113-60. This is now Pale Lavender and matches Venetian Marble 2114-70. I like the old Lavender better.

Saffron - Same story, but spec'd BenM Chestertown Buff HC-9. Nailed it again.

Silver Birch - Healing Aloe 1562. No new matches.

Sycamore Green - Moon Shadow 1516. Also distant match to Camouflage 2143-40.

The Right White - BenM's Super White (used on all the trim in the RH stores). No new matches.

Willow - Mesquite 501. No new matches.

New Colors:

Blue Sage. No matches anywhere.

Blush Rougissant. Behr Angels Kiss EPWN-7. Pratt&Lambert Pearly Gates 2268.

Butter Cream. Behr Night Glow PIC-6. Ace 3-G Lantern Light.

Buttermilk. No matches.

Cappucino. Berkshire Beige AC-2.

Chocolate. Brown Sugar 2112-20.

Cloud White. Glacier White OC-37.

Dusk. Mozart BLue 1665. In the Midnight Hour 1666.

Flax. Taupe 2110-10.

Hyacinth. No matches.

Lilac. SW 7078 Minute Mauve. Distant -- BM Portland Gray 2109-60.

Linen. Behr Toasted Barley PPL-60.

Mediterranean White. Behr Parchment Paper 710C-1. Pittsburgh Spun Cotton 119-1.

Orchid. No matches anywhere.

Petal. Pittsburgh Paint Peach Statice 123-1. Light Peach 122-2.

Rose. Pink Panther 1255.

Rouge. No matches.

Sea Green. Ace Hardware 153-C Treetops.

Seafoam. Behr Beach Wind ECC-32-2.

AND of course, Silver Sage is Gray Wisp 1570.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement