Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Dukenewkirk Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide CAPS All Star SC1 Blue Captain Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 140  
Subject: Re: INFN Date: 1/11/2013 12:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
So, as I was trying to point out when last I posted in this thread, it was certainly 'not' the time to be selling INFN precisely because the business itself was making huge inroads to profitability. Focusing on what the stock price had done recently when this thread began, no doubt led many to sell, right at a time that was precisely the best to buy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not always such a smarty pants, but actually having held this stock for a long while, and having followed the 'business', rather than the stock price, gave me great confidence that I was looking at a tremendous bargain (quite possibly) at the time this thread drew attention to the market's loss of patience. Two months later, my final third, bought within days of my previous post, now sits up comfortably by 36%. We at the service who have followed aren't surprised, and hope for far greater gains over the next couple of years is quite reasonable.

Duke, who believes truly in investing in businesses, not tickers
ATVI Ticker Guide (still holding a large ATVI position too, speaking of good businesses and patience)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement