Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (53) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Caesium Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1657  
Subject: Re: Islam Date: 2/28/2002 1:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
So do you need a place to worship or not?

Or is the question of churches in Saudi only a hypothetical?

I live in the United Arab Emirates and so am well served.
I used to live in Saudi Arabia so it is hypothetical from that perspective but not for the thousands of expatriates who are currently living there.
Yes the Saudi's are having their cake and eating it but I am more interested in your assertion that although you agree the whole peninsula should not be for Muslim's only why do you beleive that it is correct that Mecca is forbidden to other faiths?
This is hypothetical, it is not that I have a burning desire to go there although I have been to the border of Mecca where there are booths preventing access to those not allowed.
There is a very large sign saying "Christians Barred from entering" if my memory serves me correct or words to that effect.
As an aside how would you feel as a visitor to America seeing a sign to Utah for example, "Muslims not allowed"?
I also agree with you that this is of course outside of your control and I am not attempting to portray yourself as a rabid supporter of practices that are clearly not widely supported outside of Saudi Arabia.
Have you been to perform Umrah or witnessed Mecca or Medina firsthand?
If the practices of Saudi Arabia are out of everyone elses control what would happen if the Muslim faith Worldwide refused to perform Umrah or attend Haj until the holy sites were being run by some Religious and autononous body? One perhaps more in tune with the majority of Muslims and they way they practrice the faith?
I would appreciate your thoughts on the likelihood on this ever happening?

Caesium
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (53) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Activist Investors Unlocking Value at LSB Industries?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement