Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
So does this make sense? I would send:
1040X - amended return (2 pages)


And you said any forms that are different. So that would include the 1040 form (since the AGI is changed)?

What did I say just before that? Hint: "You never include the amended 1040."

Also changed are:
Sch A - itemized deductions

Sch E - Removed one of two rental properties. This is the reason for the amendment. CPA that handles my wife's mothe's estate says not to claim rental income on the house because it is handled through the estate.

Yes, you include both of those. If anything from the estate's return flows through to your return it will be on a K-1 issued by the estate. Speaking of which, before you file the amended return you might want to check with the estate's CPA to see whether there's a K-1 you haven't seen yet which also affects the year in question.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.