Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
So I got an answer, but it leaves me both slightly less and slightly more confused.

The Dept of Taxation rep tells me that the 1099-G *is* for the $30 of charitable contributions that I included in my 2007 return. He says the state "considers it an overpayment". But, but... its money *I* paid *them*.

I feel more confident (I guess) that I need not include this on my return, but isn't that logical completely backwards?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.