Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hello, all. I have tried to read some of the back posts. I will probably ask you to all repeat everything again, though.

Health and Nutrition... What is that? Seriously, this is all brand new to me. Two and a half months I quit smoking, thanks mostly to the Quitting Smoking board here. I didn't want to gain wait, and I could breathe better, so I started walking every day.

Now I am trying to eat healthy, too. I would like to lose some weight. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 pounds. Walking and watching what I eat is not making the numbers on the scale go down.

My husband says that I may be gaining weight in muscle. Maybe. Part of me thinks he is just being nice.

The thing is, I'm not sure what I am doing. I say I am eating healthy, but I don't really know what eating healthy is.

What I am looking for is a life style change. I know that fad diets produce instant but temporary results. I have been just eating less food. Oh! And much less cheese. I think the 30 pounds I need to lose is from eating way too much cheese. I have been eating less meat, more veggies. It is a change I can live with. I am not hungry. Really, though, I mostly feel lost in this unfamiliar territory. I am probably going about it all wrong.

So, to those of you who are healthy... What is healthy? What is eating healthy? Could you give me some examples of things I should eat vs. things I should not. Also, what nutrients are the most important to my goals and how do I get those nutrients? (I do take a multivitamin)

Finally, how long might it take to lose the weight this way. I am so used to doing it where you lose 10 pounds every two weeks. I understand that is unhealthy. I just need to know how long it will take to accomplish my goals doing it the right way.

Thank you all so very much in advance. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Rebecca
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement