UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37112  
Subject: So much for that.... Date: 1/31/2013 9:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I've been resting for a few days now because my pelvis wasn't happy, and yesterday I was having lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions. In spite of resting as much as possible and drinking a ton of water, they were not stopping, and were getting more regular, but not painful.

Even so, we needed to go to the hospital for evaluation, and I was there for about six hours getting fluids and meds to stop the contractions. We got home just before five am, and I slept about three hours before I had to go for my (scheduled) fetal monitoring appointment. Then I came home and slept some more.

So now I'm on bed rest for at least a few more days.... If I can't do something while sitting down and relaxing, it probably won't be happening.

Cassandra
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36143 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/1/2013 8:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Good time to catch up on your reading!

Don't worry about getting things done. You've got enough on your plate.

Lara Amber

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36148 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/5/2013 12:05 AM
My biggest to-do now is to rest, and frankly it's about all I can do since I have contractions when I sit up from being horizontal, let alone when I do anything else.

That said, I've been working on doing whatever I can do while hanging out in my recliner. I've been catching up on my coupon clipping, going through a few stacks of paper that have stacked up in the last few weeks, and balancing my checkbook on my laptop, as well as cleaning out some files on there.

The Christmas ornaments are still in the living room, and the rest of my to-do list is on hold. I won't be on bed rest once I hit 37 weeks, so I have about twelve days to wait before I can get more done, and if I go into labor at that point I'll be considered full-term. And twelve days should give me plenty of time to do the above tasks, read a ton of books (I've been averaging a book a day!), and watch a fair amount of TV. Bed rest isn't fun, but I'm trying to make the most of it.

Cassandra

Author: ThyPeace Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36149 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/5/2013 12:38 PM
Having met a three-weeks-early "full term" baby, they really aren't completely "cooked" at that point either. They come through fine! But usually they need more coaching and help with things like latching, waking up to eat, and similar things. So you'll end up even more tired than you would be, because it's that much more work for the wee one.

It worked really well for us to have a friend who came and took some of the hardest hours when we were having to do hourly feedings. It let us both get some much needed sleep.

ThyPeace, we would have preferred a family member, but none were close by and available at the moment they were needed.

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36150 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/5/2013 6:06 PM
Recommendations: 1
Having met a three-weeks-early "full term" baby, they really aren't completely "cooked" at that point either. They come through fine! But usually they need more coaching and help with things like latching, waking up to eat, and similar things. So you'll end up even more tired than you would be, because it's that much more work for the wee one.

It worked really well for us to have a friend who came and took some of the hardest hours when we were having to do hourly feedings. It let us both get some much needed sleep.

ThyPeace, we would have preferred a family member, but none were close by and available at the moment they were needed.

I hear ya! I think it's helpful to have a friend or family member come over for a while even if the baby comes at 40 weeks!

Both my kids were born at 39 weeks 2 days, and I'm hoping for that again this time. I don't intend to overdo it once I'm off bedrest because my pelvis separated and hurts like hell and limits my mobility and activity anyways. As it turns out, bedrest this week is proving to be challenging, and the docs don't seem to think the contractions are doing much at this point. I have to go in for monitoring twice a week, my OB appt is Friday, yada yada yada, so I can't say I'm getting too much rest on a given day. During my NST this morning, I didn't have any contractions, so that was a minor miracle. :)

And the doc this morning said that even though it's not ideal, if I go into labor now they wouldn't do anything to stop it.

Cassandra

Author: TMFHunzi Big red star, 1000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36151 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/6/2013 2:52 AM

So, so true. DaBoy was 41 weeks - he arrived just hours before his deadline to be induced. LilMiss was 36 weeks and couldn't wait to get here. They had already warned me she be HUGE (10+lbs) so I was thankful for an 8lb baby, but because she was so full sized, it was hard to get people to see that she was still developmentally a month early. Suck, Swallow, Breathe, large & fine motor skills - all of it took just a tad longer to master.

So cross those legs and stand on your head! This baby will be perfect no matter what, but those extra days make a difference.

hear ya! I think it's helpful to have a friend or family member come over for a while even if the baby comes at 40 weeks!

With DaBoy, sister came for a week, MIL for a week-10days, it was nice and not nice. But when I had to do LilMiss all alone with a 5year old, I really wished for nothing more than an extra set of helping hands!

I don't intend to overdo it once I'm off bedrest because my pelvis separated and hurts like hell and limits my mobility and activity anyways.

Oh ouch. I had that. Both times for probably the whole final trimester. Hugs.

Ok, baby, just behave for a few more weeks! Auntie Hunzi will wait patiently for the photos! ;-)

Always ;-)
Hunzi

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36152 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/6/2013 4:31 AM
But when I had to do LilMiss all alone with a 5year old, I really wished for nothing more than an extra set of helping hands!

I am going to help a friend who will be in this situation in a few months - glad to know it will be useful

Last time i did this was to go a couple times a week for a woman with newborn twins + an 11 month old* (and a c-section) - I KNEW she needed help just to be able to shower and sleep for more than 2 hours in a row...

peace & hands
t

* and an 8 yearold, but he just had to learn to be self sufficient at that point...

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36163 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/17/2013 11:12 AM
Recommendations: 5
Good news is that I'm no longer on bed rest since I'm technically full-term now that I'm 37 weeks. Yay!

Bad news is that this child has moved from being head down the last couple of weeks to being transverse. And he's doing enough acrobatics that my OB said he's in an unstable lie and to go to the hospital the minute I go into labor because of the risks of having him be breech or transverse, including cord prolapse and fetal death.

I'm surprisingly calm about the likelihood of needing a cesarean, and my OB thought I was being lax about how serious this is, but I'm just calm about it. I know what needs to be done on my part (get to hospital ASAP), and the rest is out of my control.

I have yet another cold, too, so I'm hoping to avoid going into labor for a week or more to get over it and in the hopes of this baby turning vertex.

In the meantime, I'm resting as much as I can, going to all my various medical appointments, and trying to clear my decks a bit. Got a bunch of things on my desk completed the other day, which helped me not feel stressed about things since some of them head important deadlines.

I've got a few other tasks that I can do in the next few days, energy permitting, but that can wait if necessary. I would like to get the Christmas ornaments back into the garage and out of the living room, though!

Cassandra

Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36164 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/17/2013 1:47 PM
I'm glad you're calm about it. Here's hoping the baby gets himself in a better position for you!

MOI

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36165 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/21/2013 6:47 PM
The good news is the baby is head down now, and has been for at least of a couple of days. Yay! That doesn't mean he can't or won't turn again, but we are hopeful!

The bad news is that I still have this nasty cold. Horrible, nasty cold. Blah.

I still haven't gotten the Christmas decorations put away, but I DID sit in the living room and wrap a bunch of them up in tissue paper, AND I found some bigger bins to put them in since we added to them a bit over the season and they won't all fit in the previous bins now.

And I need to clean off the dining room table yet again. I keep cleaning it off, and then I end up putting something else on there, or my hubby dumps four or five loads of clean laundry on there to fold.... One step at a time. My hope is that it will happen to be clean when I head for the hospital. :)

Cassandra

Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36166 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/22/2013 2:44 AM
Recommendations: 2
Cassandra ~

So happy that the baby is head down. I can appreciate that!

You do what you can EASILY do to clean but be very gentle on yourself. First priority is rest and fluids. Of course, you already know that. How about if you ask a friend to come help put away the last of the Christmas decorations and fold laundry? I am sure someone could oblige and it is an easy help. You could tell the helper what decorations to wrap and where to place them. I know this sounds simple but every little bit helps you to feel better about your upcoming labor.

Praying that your little one stays in the right position.

Robyn
P.S. - Folks can bring food over now so you don't have to prepare meals.

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36167 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/22/2013 12:59 PM
It won't be long now!

And I do not have the excuse of a separated pelvis and BH contractions and we still have Christmas decorations out. I should put those away today. :)

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36168 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/23/2013 2:11 PM
Thanks, Robyn!

Believe me, I am taking as easy as I can! I have been sick for two weeks now, and I finally asked my OB about some antibiotics, which she agreed I probably need. Took the first dose yesterday, and by this morning I already felt better. Not 100%, but definitely improved.

My husband can put the Christmas ornaments away and fold the laundry, but he's been doing so much around here that I haven't wanted to ask him to do it. And now that I seem to be on the mend, I will easily be able to do it myself. My friends would help, I'm sure, and they will be helping me plenty once this baby arrives. :)

As for meals, I haven't cooked much in months. I've been on bed rest or just haven't had the energy, and my husband has been doing 99% of it. And I have set some meals aside in the freezer, and we have eaten a handful of them. And there are several more in there for once baby comes.

Had a dream this morning that I had the baby, that all went well, and that he was big compared to my other babies. And that he was born more than a week from today! (I'm 38 weeks today, so that works!)

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36180 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/27/2013 7:17 PM
My husband is working on a show this week, and I have a sitter coming for an hour or two at night to help me get the kids to bed. It helps.

So this week, with the sitter's and my hubby's help, I've been able to get the laundry folded and put away, and today I wrapped up all the Christmas ornaments. I'll have he up them in the garage tonight. I've also taped up the kids' books that have been torn up a little, and I boxed up a ton of photos to send off to be scanned in. And I sent them off today! I also sent off two little gifties to a couple of friends of mine. AND I made a crockpot lasagna yesterday. And my hubby got my son registered for kindergarten, too.

This is all *nothing* compared to what I can get done on a normal non-pregnant day, but I still feels like a victory.

So I'm chipping away at my to-do list, slowly. And if the baby comes today, great. But I think I still have a few more days. We shall see!

Cassandra
On my La-Z Boy for the afternoon.

Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36181 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/28/2013 6:36 PM
Cassandra ~

This was a day of victory! Good for you and good for having a helper for a few hours so you could do what you want.

I am planning on using a home health aid to be with my dad for a few hours at a time so I can get the things done that need doing. It is kind of the same as you but in reverse ...... aging and all that. LOL!

Praying for a wonderful birth day!

Robyn

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36182 of 37112
Subject: Re: So much for that.... Date: 2/28/2013 7:01 PM
Thanks, Robyn!

It feels good to have gotten those things done.

And today I'm taking it easy because I've been coughing quite a bit today. I feel fine, and I'm finishing up my third solid week of coughing, but it has increased today for some reason. I'm hoping that I don't have yet another bug taking hold and that it's just the last bug's last gasp....

I'm doing my darnedest to stay healthy to give birth to this child. It hasn't been easy!

Cassandra

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement