Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: eolith Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22714  
Subject: Re: Arafat interview with Haaretz - sound promis Date: 7/11/2004 7:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
So, shaggy, it still comes down to this: The PLO's basic intent is to destroy the state of Israel; it has always been so, and they've done nothing to change that.

Also, Shaggy, are you aware that Arafat routinely gives different and conflicting messages depending on what language he uses? When he speaks English, he's all for compromise and peace. Then he speaks to his supporters in Arabic and calls for Jihad.

Thank you. It so refreshing to read something truthful. It's really quite nice.

Shaggy is quite sympathetic to Yasser Arafat in case you hadn't noticed. In fact, I would consider it a safe bet that in Shaggy's view, Arafat compares quite favorably to Ariel Sharon or any other Israeli prime minister in Israel's history for that matter whether from Likud or Labor. Of coarse, he might very well come on this board to say otherwise.

Did you know that Shaggy and Yasser have something else in common besides a disdain for Zionists and the IDF and Israelis in Judea, Samaria and Gaza? Shaggy like Arafat also engages in selective rhetoric depending upon his audience. If you go over to the PA board for today's date, you will find Shaggy saying all sorts of odd things relating and identifying Israelis and Zionists as "Nazis" - Jews being tagged with the Nazi label. I asked him to stop it and he replied that I was the one who brought up the genocide of six million Jews afterall.

Shaggy obviously demonstrates tremendous sensitivity to the Jewish people, although I have never once heard him express it openly.

eolith.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement