UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: dumaflotchie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74301  
Subject: Re: Obamacare and MAKO Date: 10/4/2012 6:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
So tell me, can you direct me to any authoritative numbers that can back up his claim or is this just another "trust me moment".

Hey B:

I hope you are having a great day.

So if I understand your question to me, you are saying that Romney exaggerated the issue?

I am glad you want to fact check Romney but I am unclear why you don't want to fact check Obama......or his past 4 years?????

Since you so strongly stood on your pedestal about intellectual honesty, why wouldn't you aggressively pursue Obama again?

Get back to me on that question would you as well as the list of very questionable Obama statements and claims.

But as to your challenge to me:

I'll let Romney' camp speak for themselves but it does appear that he was correct if one lumps all alternative energy initiatives together according to the Whitehouse itself:

Here’s how that money breaks down, according to the White House:

-- 29 billion for energy efficiency, including $5 billion for improvements in the homes and apartments of low-income households

--$21 billion for renewable electricity generation, including wind turbines and solar panels

-- $10 billion for grid modernization, including millions of “smart meters” that read themselves, eliminating the need for meter readers

-- $6 billion to help establish factories to make batteries for electric cars and other components of advanced vehicles

-- $18 billion for fast trains

-- $3 billion for research and development into capturing and sequestering carbon dioxide

-- $3 billion for job training and scientific advances in green energy

-- About $2 billion to help build wind turbines, solar panels and similar “green” products

http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/cea/factsheets-...

B, why are you so cynical these days. The point that Romney was making was that Obama had "his" own priorities that circumvented what could have been more money for education......he made choices that diverted money from more teachers. There is no need to quibble over this simple fact.

Embrace Romney and the opportunity to reconcile our divided country. Our problems are bigger than either party's divisive behavior. Let's set out on a new direction...together.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement