Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
...so that we don't self-reinforce the idea that people who disagree with us are monstrously callous and genuinely want the decline of America.

I can handle "disagree". You and I disagree all the time, and you're one of my favorite posters.

But just saying "no" all the time isn't disagreement, it's negation. It's "being contrary". It's totally unproductive. Modern conservatives aren't interested in dialogue, they are interested in dictating terms and holding things hostage.

There was a time when there was discussion. Those days sadly are gone, and will likely stay gone for as long as the Treason Party has any power. If the GOP would toss them aside it would help immensely as they are the source of the "no compromise" meme (or at least the strongest supporters of it). That the GOP does not toss them speaks volumes. They cut Boehner off at the knees the one time he tried to do actual politics instead of just saying "no", and still nothing in the party changed.

1poorguy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement