No. of Recommendations: 0
So the questions are:

1. Are the above numbers worthy of considering ad-sense or something of a similar nature?

2. Can ad-sense or something else be workable on such a rudimentary website, or would I have to
redesign it to make the files more accessible?

You might consider setting up your site with WordPress, which is often thought of as "blogging" software, but a lot of websites like use this "blogging" type of set-up.

It really makes it much easier to design websites without knowing much about web design or spending much time on it. I know some rudimentary HTML, enough to be dangerous, but I think my websites look decent using WordPress. It makes it super easy to change the look of your website and to add functionality to it.

Here is my old website designed with WordPress. There are "plug ins" that make adding Adsense very easy. There are "plug ins" that do all sorts of things.

FYI, I started a new website a few days ago, although I haven't added Adsense to it yet.

I'm not making any money from Adsense because I have virtually no traffic, so I can't tell you how much you could make from it.

WordPress is free, and there are lots of free "themes" available, which are like templates for the look of your website, but I recommend buying the Thesis theme, because it makes it insanely easy to change the format of your website without knowing HTML.

If you do go the WordPress route, I recommend going with a hosting company that allows one-click installs and updates of WordPress. I once tried installing it myself, and it was a pain.

If this interests you, I would be happy to help you out as best as I can.
Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.