Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 5
So then why do we need to file one for our children's Education IRA, (or whatever they are calling them now,)?

Check the instructions again. AFAIK, you have to do the 8606 only if there were distributions from the [insert name of honored politician] Education Savings Account.

You offer me the chance to rant a little about this surge in naming Code provisions. I wonder why it doesn't extend to other areas. For example, the Trent Lott Military Hardware the Pentagon Doesn't Want but It's Built in Mississippi appropriation, or the Robert Byrd Pave Everything in West Virginia To Provide Jobs Act.

Phil Marti
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.