So we're finally at the point where we can re-list. This second buyer has acknowledged that he has no intent to buy the house, which allows us to move forward with finding another buyer. We are going to only go after his Earnest if we end up selling for less than his offered price... which probably won't happen.We're going back on the market today, and stating that under no circumstances will we follow-up on offers until Monday. Question:Is it bad (what are the ramifications?) of raising the asking price of our house at this point. We've been on the market for 21 days (but under contract 19 of those, both times falling through), and I notice that other properties are going under contract relative to their county tax records in a range that should put our house valued at 7-10K higher than what we are listed at now. Inventory is still extremely low. Out of the 5,000 homes in our development, only 1 other is listed for sale that is a townhouse like ours. Their price relative to ours would put our sale price at 20K higher. Clearly they are over listed by a bit.I briefly brought this idea up with our Realtor even though I already knew his stance would be to push back hard against raising the asking price. His basic stance was "we decided that $435K was good 3 weeks ago and I don't see anything out there right that that has changed to warrant moving the price up"... that said, I know his life is easier with a lower asking price.Zillow... which isn't the most accurate, shows that our development (and the house) have gone up $6K in value over the last 21 days)
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar. Earnings Estimates, Analyst Ra