Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bsdgreen Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127  
Subject: So WHEN do we get the checks? Date: 12/26/2001 4:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
To begin, like a lot of folks, I'm a RAL shareholder. And the buyout was complete on 12/12. When are they supposed to send out those checks for purchasing our shares? I hate having to deal with a taxable event, but that's the way they wanted to do it. (Why couldn't they just roll us DRIP folks over to their DRIP?... Oh, never mind.) I'd *LIKE* to consider putting those funds in Nestle (or something else, maybe). But, right now, I can't touch 'em.

Maybe it's just because its the holiday season and it takes longer to get stuff thorugh the mail (that powder in the envelopes is white chocolate: don't panic!).

All kidding aside, when other companies I've owned in the past were acquired/sold I was getting SOMETHING in the mail within a week of the closing date - so far nothing from Nestle.

Did I miss something?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: exilion Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 127 of 127
Subject: Re: So WHEN do we get the checks? Date: 12/29/2001 5:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hello,

I received my check the middle of last week on the 26th or 27th. Possibly due to holidays, the postal service and the transfer agent took just a bit longer to get the checks cut and sent. If you don't get it by the first business day of the year, I'd give them a call and ask about it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I hate having to deal with a taxable event, but that's the way they wanted to do it. (Why couldn't they just roll us DRIP folks over to their DRIP?... Oh, never mind.) I'd *LIKE* to consider putting those funds in Nestle (or something else, maybe). But, right now, I can't touch 'em.
===============

I like being bought out over losing out. I'd rather have the stock exchanged for NSRGY shares, but this way you knew all along how much you were getting in $$$. Pay the tax on your gain. Much better than losing it all. If you are interested NSRGY sponsors a DRiP. The DRiP is very similar to RAL's. $20 minimum, invests around the 10th of each month, but only pays a dividend yearly.

They couldn't roll it from our DRiP to theirs because we all get treated the same. Oops. Sorry. I won't mind that.

exilion

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement