UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 457071  
Subject: Re: Tax upon tax Date: 12/5/2012 12:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 40
So you're not going to re-quote the important line, ignore half of what you quote, and declare it silly? You're just going to declare the entire thing silly without any explanation of why something so obviously true and relevant is silly?

Okay. Obviously there's no hope of getting anything intelligent out of you.

Without explanation?? I did provide an explanation. Since you need a re-quote to follow along, here again is the post in question:

Good point. Who cares about tax increases on those making over $200,000, so long as it doesn't affect me? "Don't tax me, don't tax thee, tax that fellow behind the tree!"

Taxing thy neighbor will be the ruination of this once great nation. It's happened to Europe, and it's coming to a country near you.

That's the whole post. To which I responded (in part):

Finally, Europe's economic problems are almost entirely related to various counties having a common currency but not a common political system. There is a major lesson to be learned there, but it has little to do with taxation.

Now, that explanation might make you mad, and you might disagree with it for reasons you aren't willing to share with us mortals, but it is an explanation and I did provide one.

If you don't agree with that conclusion, that's fine. But I notice you didn't attempt to refute my statement, you simply attacked my intelligence. That's a pretty clear sign you don't have a rebuttal.

That's fine too, but also note that I didn't attack the previous poster, I challenged his statement. I said specifically "your comments might just be a little too silly to be taken seriously."

So let's summarize. You have a problem with me not quoting the full post even though I quoted the full post. You're grumpy I didn't offer to explain my post, even though I did. And instead of challenging any of the things I wrote, you just declare me stupid for secret reasons that you need to keep to yourself. Boy, you set me straight.

If I wanted everyone to think I was a buffoon I would post exactly what you just did. Note I didn't say I think you are a buffoon. Just that if I wanted to people to think I was a buffoon I would post the exact same things you are posting. In fact, I wouldn't change a comma.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement