Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: silma Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19027  
Subject: Soc Sec Date: 3/21/2000 7:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The new bill to eliminate the penalty for working while collecting soc sec, if passed, do you have any idea when it will be active. ie retroactive to Jan 00, on the date of signing, or Jan 01.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3092 of 19027
Subject: Re: Soc Sec Date: 3/21/2000 10:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
<< The new bill to eliminate the penalty for working while collecting soc sec, if passed, do you have any idea when it will be active. ie retroactive to Jan 00, on the date of signing, or Jan 01. >>

As passed by the House, the effective date is 1/1/2000. You can follow the progress, and any amendments, at http://thomas.loc.gov. The bill number is HR 5.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Author: armyman05 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3131 of 19027
Subject: Re: Soc Sec Date: 3/22/2000 6:41 PM
Senator Trent Lott,today held a press conference concerning HB 5. He states that the Senate is infavor with the provisions of the House Bill and further stated that he believes the President will sign the bill. He when on to say it would be retroactive to December 31,1999.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement