Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have joined a local club for Jeep owners and have agreed to be the treasurer. The club got an EIN so they could open a bank account. We charge membership dues and have a dealership sponsor that gives us a monthly check. When I asked about our filing status, I was told "We have no corporate entity of any kind. We are officially a club. We do not have to file any tax returns or meet any local, state or federal laws or reporting requirements." That does not sound right to me so thought I would ask the community. We are in Florida if that matters.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.