Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ingle6 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19414  
Subject: Social Security Date: 3/20/2000 11:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Social Sercurity was for a person who retired not just an extra check while you work. why do people resent having to give up some of that welfare money. Because once you receive back your contributions,, It is the same as welfare. I received back everything I have put into the fund in two years and i have been receiving a check for fifteen years. Seniors are a bunch of whiners. And why not pay taxes on it if your income is high enough???
Print the post Back To Top
Author: NYMOM One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3076 of 19414
Subject: Re: Social Security Date: 3/21/2000 4:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Why do you classify social security as welfare. Those of us who have worked for 40 years and contributed to this system are not receiving welfare. If I had taken my contributions plus my employers and invested them, I would be way ahead of the game. As far as taxation, I was taxed on the money before it was contributed.

Author: armyman05 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3078 of 19414
Subject: Re: Social Security Date: 3/21/2000 5:52 PM
Recommendations: 0
Please read the post on House Bill 5 I think you will find it rewarding if we act.

Author: ingle6 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3095 of 19414
Subject: Re: Social Security Date: 3/22/2000 1:11 AM
Add it up. Have you checked on exactly how much you put into SS. No one coould have invested those little bits of annual contributions and ended up with the benefits they receive. Up to 1947, the max put in was $30 a year. What would Merrill Lynch done with that moeny. Get real.

Author: KFDEKEN Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3100 of 19414
Subject: Re: Social Security Date: 3/22/2000 7:52 AM
Right on, ingle6! You sound like a retiree who has the courage to call Social Security by its real name!

Author: NYMOM One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3116 of 19414
Subject: Re: Social Security Date: 3/22/2000 3:02 PM
It is interesting that you should mention Merrill Lynch. Back in 1972 I invested $3000 in their stock. I now have over three hundred thousand dollars plus from time to time I took profits to buy 2 cars. This is only an example of one investment.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement