Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bevyjc 10+ Year Anniversary! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19371  
Subject: social security benefit Date: 3/21/2000 7:17 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I will start collecting at 65 and my husband started collecting at 62. Since my benefit will be 50% of his, will this be 50% of what he would have received at age 65?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jensor Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3048 of 19371
Subject: Re: social security benefit Date: 3/21/2000 9:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
It will be 50% of what he is currently receiving.

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3062 of 19371
Subject: Re: social security benefit Date: 3/21/2000 10:12 AM
Greetings, Bevyjc, and welcome. You asked:

<<I will start collecting at 65 and my husband started collecting at 62. Since my benefit will be 50% of his, will this be 50% of what he would have received at age 65? >>

Yes. Although he retired at age 62, your spousal benefit will be calculated based on the benefit he could have received at full retirement age.

Regards..Pixy

Author: armyman05 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3079 of 19371
Subject: Re: social security benefit Date: 3/21/2000 6:06 PM
I see by many of your postings that you are up to speed in the SS issues. Request you review my posting SUBJECT House Bill 5. Any support to our FOOLS on this legislation would be of benefit to those working in the 65-69 bracket. In sum, the earnings test provisions will be eliminated if this Bill is passed. Action by the House was 422-0. Senate version will be up for debate and vote soon. Our senators need to be advised of our position.As Rep. Nathan Deal Ga.9, states" our tax code should reward,not penalize, hard work and responsibility". If you deem it possible. I would appreciate your support on this vital issue.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement