Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I understand that one must complete 40
quarters of social security contribution
to be eligible to receive benefits.

According to Social Security website
the social security benefits are payable
even if one moves to India provided the
person has completed 40 quarters.

Can anyone please confirm my understanding
of the text on SSA website?

Any actual experience will be greatly appreciated.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.