No. of Recommendations: 0
I am not sure this is the most appropriate board for this post but I did not find a SS related board. Anyway, if you retire before your full retirement age and continue to work and earn more than is pemitted then an offset against SS benefits is triggered - $! for $2, and so on. My question is, when you do reach full retirement age, or if you discontinue working before you reach full retirement age and are drawing SS, is the money you lost by initially working ever recoverable, made up by adjustments to future ss benefits, or paid back in later non-working years?
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.