Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello, I'm just trying to calculate all the ramifications of my converting a traditional IRA to a ROTH. I understand that I will have to include the converted amount as income on my tax return. What I need to know is if the conversion income is used to calculate FICA. Since I am self employed, I pay the whole tamale and I'm not sure if FICA was paid on the original investment in previous years.

Thanks for your help
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.