UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: SkepikI One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 457102  
Subject: Social Security- Under 40? get to work! Date: 12/18/2012 6:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
The diminishing number of workers supporting the SS creakily (or maybe creepily) over-leveraged securities fraud really just means if you are under 40 you need to work harder. This is what I tell all my children and friends children. There just is not enough work going on for 2 of you to support one of us. Used to be somewhere about 5 of us supported our folks SS payments, depending on which year you looked at, and it was managed with mmm only about the draconian rate of 12.4%. So at 2 to 1, allowing for higher unemployment and a certain degeneration of work ethic, it should only be about say 40%. Add to that 40% for state and federal, etc, you should be able to get by sending 80% of your paychecks to us greedy geezers, so GET TO WORK! Otherwise you will end up starving our grandchildren and we cant have that.

I figure the revolution comes somewhere near 2030 as those of you that are 40 turn 58 or 59 and suddenly discover you have to live to 101 to retire....
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement