Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have filed form 251 with the Social Security Administration - functionally this allowed me to return my total retirement benefits received and then apply at some point in the future just as if I had never received any benifits.

My question is this -- During the period from January 2004 through Februay 2008 I received retirement benifits and paid federal income taxes on a portion of those benifits. Can I get a refund on the federal taxes? If so how do I go about doing that?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.