UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sheilaoliver Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74759  
Subject: socil security acct online? Date: 1/29/2004 9:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My feiend can see her ss account on her computer. I cant figure out how to do this-have been to site but dont see link. Can anyone advise, step by step?

Thank you very much,
Sheilao
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38822 of 74759
Subject: Re: socil security acct online? Date: 1/29/2004 9:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
Sheilao asks:

My feiend can see her ss account on her computer. I cant figure out how to do this-have been to site but dont see link. Can anyone advise, step by step?

There are many things you can do with the SSA online, but to do so you must first have a password. To see what you can do and how to get a password, go to http://www.ssa.gov/onlineservices/ and read that ENTIRE page. Then click on "If you have a password...," which is the fifth item listed at the top of the page. At the next window, click on the third item "Get a password request code" and follow the instructions to apply for a temporary password. In a couple of weeks you will receive a temporary password through the mail that you may use to establish a permanent password with which you may do a number of things online to include reviewing your benefit information.

Regards...Pixy

Author: Shovelmannot Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38829 of 74759
Subject: Re: socil security acct online? Date: 1/30/2004 9:05 AM
Sheila,here is the link: http://www.ssa.gov/onlineservices/ Then go to
Online Claims & Services and click on Password Services to obtain your password request code and choose a password. Good luck,

Monty

Author: Frydaze1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38838 of 74759
Subject: Re: socil security acct online? Date: 1/30/2004 3:37 PM
Well, this sounded really cool, but here's the response I got:

Response

Unable to Process Your Request

If the information you gave us is correct, we're sorry but this service is not available to you.

Author: wcfenton Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38839 of 74759
Subject: Re: socil security acct online? Date: 1/30/2004 4:27 PM
Frydaze1...

Well, this sounded really cool, but here's the response I got:

Response

Unable to Process Your Request

If the information you gave us is correct, we're sorry but this service is not available to you.

Only people who get Social Security benefits can get a password. If you do get benefits and you got this response, try this Social Security URL:

https://s00dace.ssa.gov/pro/passregi/passserv.shtml

Hope that helps...
Bill

Author: Frydaze1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38840 of 74759
Subject: Re: socil security acct online? Date: 1/30/2004 5:11 PM
Only people who get Social Security benefits can get a password.

That's what I get for failing to read thoroughly. I thought it would allow me to access something similar to my annual report. Oh well.

Thanks for clearing that up.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement