Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Orim1 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 297  
Subject: solasis Date: 3/30/2004 9:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
have seen your name pop up on a couple of boards.

I spent some time in late 90s on communion of bears/bulls when it was more active; lived in Santiago Chile at that time and had a different user name and then I unplugged for awhile.

suerte.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: solasis Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 273 of 297
Subject: Re: solasis Date: 3/31/2004 12:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
are you still in chile. i was in copiapo in january and it was great. going to arequipa end of april and maybe to chile after. the grand experiment of internet chat of eth late 90s showed me that it has some usefullness - in the sense that it facilitates bringing one into contact with people who you would never get the chance to meet otherwise. the downside is the information overload and the fact that 90% of the data/posts are useless or misleading. but occasionally you find some real gems. its like panning for gold in a played out streambed. tr

Author: Orim1 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 274 of 297
Subject: Re: solasis Date: 3/31/2004 6:57 PM
South America is great.
I left chile in 2000, then spent some time in Brazil and Mexico, now back in Texas. Still travel south on ocassion and my favorite stop will always be BsAs.

Decided to unplug from the day-to-day markets for a few years and in hindsight it was a very good decision... maybe the distance helped with perspective on investing and the markets.

Very much agree that the the problem with the internet is the information overload and sifting through all the misinformation passed out as fact... trying not to get sucked into it... keeping the fear and greed in check... while looking for a few real gems.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement