UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: blacktreechaser Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35387  
Subject: sold FNMA zeros, and a junk suggestion Date: 1/3/2011 11:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Today I finally got a good price on Etrade for my FNMA zeros Feb 2012. I tried to sell them lots of times before but got lousy bids, but got 98 cents on the dollar today. So the buyer gets a 2.1 or 2.2% yield.

From WSJ last week, Scientific Games (I think that was their name) has some junk yielding around 10%, due in 5 or 6 years, selling around 90, I think. And the company supposedly got a contract for lottery scratch off tickets for Holland. (Maybe there's a Word Cup prize in the ticket mix, but with the Dutch's luck, some lowlife from Argentina will probably come over and buy it).

...That's not a reccommendation for the bond by the way, I just noticed the article.
Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement