UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JohnEBgood Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1949466  
Subject: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 11:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
“I will remind you,” Blackburn replied, “some people like to drive a Ford not a Ferrari. Some people like to drink out of a red Solo cup, not a crystal stem. You’re taking away their choice.”

http://news.yahoo.com/sebelius-on-health-care-law-rollout---...

Yes....and some prefer WalMart and McDonalds, too. But I think we have the right to affordable, standardized, high-quality healthcare.

I don't care where people buy cheap krap or what they eat for lunch. And they can drink from all of the Solo cups they want to - as long as they recycle ;o)

Jack
Print the post Back To Top
Author: laissezFaireOne Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907693 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 11:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
" But I think we have the right to affordable, standardized, high-quality healthcare."

With Obamacare what you will get is mediocrity and unaffordable prices!

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907696 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 11:43 AM
Recommendations: 3
With Obamacare what you will get is mediocrity and unaffordable prices!

Wait a minute. I thought one of the beefs against Obamacare was that it was forcing people into insurance plans that were better than their discount policies.

Author: laissezFaireOne Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907698 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 11:46 AM
"Wait a minute. I thought one of the beefs against Obamacare was that it was forcing people into insurance plans that were better than their discount policies."

I am speaking about quality of healthcare not what's covered in your plan.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907702 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 12:06 PM
Recommendations: 2
Wait a minute. I thought one of the beefs against Obamacare was that it was forcing people into insurance plans that were better than their discount policies.

"Better" is a relative term...I would say "more comprehensive". If you're paying more and getting more, doesn't exactly mean a) you can afford it or b) you need all the bells and whistles.

And the more comprehensive policies are much more expensive.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907713 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 12:28 PM
"But I think we have the right to affordable, standardized, high-quality healthcare."

The proof is in the pudding, people signing up for plans on the exchanges are getting less coverage with higher deductibles at higher premiums.

So in fact the old system provided more affordable and higher quality healthcare.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907718 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 12:40 PM
The proof is in the pudding, people signing up for plans on the exchanges are getting less coverage with higher deductibles at higher premiums.

So in fact the old system provided more affordable and higher quality healthcare.

Is this one of your POOTA statements? (Pulled out of thin air)

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907719 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 12:41 PM
Recommendations: 1
" But I think we have the right to affordable, standardized, high-quality healthcare."

No you don't have that right. A Right is something you have independent of the government. Something that needs to be protected from the government.

What you're talking about is an entitlement. It's something that comes from the government. Rights aren't created by the government.

The fact that you are now forced to purchase Health Insurance or pay a tax, tells you it's not a Right.

Besides we're not debating healthcare, we're talking about health insurance. Those are two different things. Just because you have insurance doesn't mean you'll get health care.

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907742 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 1:53 PM
But I think we have the right to affordable, standardized, high-quality healthcare.

That requires 60 year old post-menopausal women to pay for maternity care they don't want or need. Sure, sounds very fair and just, lol!

"You'll get vhat we vant you to have and you vill like it! Give me ze papers and zign up!"

No problems at all....

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907831 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 8:53 PM
Of course. Everyone in the country has an extra $300,000 they could spend on a car. It's nothing more than personal taste that keeps them from doing so.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907832 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 8:55 PM
A Right is something you have independent of the government. Something that needs to be protected from the government.

Really? How many of your rights do you think you would be able to freely exercise if not for the US government?

Author: Wessex99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907838 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 9:21 PM
Is POOTA the new synonym for "lie"?

Wessex

Author: JohnEBgood Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907839 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 9:27 PM
SGIZI wrote:

Would you please provide a link to data supporting this?

Seriously.....I'd like to see it. Thank you.

Jack

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907846 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 9:51 PM
"How many of your rights do you think you would be able to freely exercise if not for the US government?"

Gun rights advocates would tell you that they don't want, nor need the Government involved in their right to bear arms.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907848 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 10:04 PM
They say that, but they fail to understand that if it weren't for the government they would have to build their own guns from scratch.

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907850 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 10:15 PM
"if it weren't for the government they would have to build their own guns from scratch."

They're starting to do that:

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/click-print-gun-the-inside-...

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907853 of 1949466
Subject: Re: Solo Cups and Healthcare Date: 10/30/2013 10:30 PM
By scratch, I mean they would have to start are the very first step. Mining the ore that would eventually get smelted into the metal they would need.

The simple fact that anti-government factions don't understand is that almost all of human progress occurred under stable governments. (Not always nice ones)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement