Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (24) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Wilsonsjulie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 36691  
Subject: Some charts and ideas. Date: 5/10/2001 7:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
Eric and friends, you guys have done a great job with this board...it is such a pleasure to visit here!

I have a few stocks and charts for your consideration.

NEM:http://stockcharts.com/webcgi/gall.exe?Gall.web+NEM

That's right..it is a mining stock.. ...it's trend has been UP on extra big volume since the beginning of the month. I got a position today when the midday blahs took over and the price drifted down. I also set stop/sells at resistance levels below my purchase price. It did well in the afternoon and i will most likely add to my position.

Volume is over 5 million, so the liquidity is good. A lot of the natural resource stocks have been moving.

RDEN:
http://stockcharts.com/webcgi/gall.exe?Gall.web+RDEN

This one is a beautiful chart. look at that uninterrupted UPtrend since december ( and if you look... it has been in that uptrend for over a year). It is cosmetics, but is a nice, steady performer. not all sexy and jumpy, so it will allow for decent entries if you watch it and pick a good buy price. of course, set your sell/stop as soon as you purchase it... in case it fails to behave as expected.

ALLY: http://stockcharts.com/webcgi/gall.exe?Gall.web+ALLY

Gaming stock. been in a good, solid uptrend since last summer. (most of the gaming stocks have had a real good year, btw). On the top chart.. you can get an idea of how the trading range goes for this one... if you are alert..you can buy on little dips. currently it is building up a base of supply/demand... so when demand builds this stock will break out to the upside. (it could also break down to the downside, if supply gets big....so always have your sell/stop in place). On the second chart, you can see periodic blue (buying)LARGE VOLUME spikes and that makes for a healthy stock.. with plenty of demand for it. The pink sell spikes do not overwhelm the blue ones.. another sign of health. On the bottom chart... look and see how the volume is much greater than a few months ago.. this is also a great sign. increasing demand as time goes on...this forms a solid foundation for a healthy stock price.

If you had bought any of these stocks this last year.... you would have had very little to do about tampering with them.. they would have had very nice gains for the year. the cool thing is...that there are many, many charts/stocks out there just like these ... so look for the HEALTHIEST CHARTS.. that will give solid gains.

It has only taken me three years to understand this.. but it really helps accomplish financial goals when i choose the right stocks ~j
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (24) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Berkshire Beyond Buffett Event
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement