UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 401kinvestor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308660  
Subject: some news tonight Date: 5/25/2012 10:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
In March I gave mom and dad my income tax refund so I could go to Florida to see my brother. Mom and dad tonight said Mom physically is not able to handle the flight from Phoenix to Ft Lauderdale to Naples or walk that walk that well.

Dad wanted to give the $2000 back but I'm leaving it with them I not sure what else to do.

Credit card debt right now is $505 combine Ax and Chase because I upgraded the computer to Windows 7 Professional and Office 2010 Professional. I am paying this off on Friday June 1, 2012

The car is at $789.89. I'd like just to keep paying pmts on this get it paid off.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305185 of 308660
Subject: Re: some news tonight Date: 5/25/2012 10:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
In March I gave mom and dad my income tax refund so I could go to Florida to see my brother. Mom and dad tonight said Mom physically is not able to handle the flight from Phoenix to Ft Lauderdale to Naples or walk that walk that well.

I assuming you are referring to Naples Florida.

I am most familiar with Alaska Airlines, but I expect that many airlines would have similar services. Senior Assist and a wheelchair can be requested. She would not have to walk between connections. A folding wheelchair can be checked as luggage.

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305186 of 308660
Subject: Re: some news tonight Date: 5/25/2012 10:35 PM
Recommendations: 2
If your parents absolutely are too inform to fly to Florida from Phoenix, how about taking the money and offering to fly your brother out to Phoenix?

Fuskie
Who alternately suggests creating a new savings goal if all your retirement savings goals are already met...

Author: 401kinvestor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305187 of 308660
Subject: Re: some news tonight Date: 5/25/2012 10:56 PM
Recommendations: 0
I assuming you are referring to Naples Florida.

I am most familiar with Alaska Airlines, but I expect that many airlines would have similar services. Senior Assist and a wheelchair can be requested. She would not have to walk between connections. A folding wheelchair can be checked as luggage.

Yes it is Naples, Florida.

The last 3 months have heck and more heck. Mom keeps having seisures one night 3 weeks ago mom blacked out and fell in the bathtub at 4:00 in the morning my dad and I had to pick her up. Right I don't think here seisures really are under control right now. Mom barely can get thru physical threpy. Tonight she barely got new medicine for her headaches. She had to go to the emergency room yesterday because here headache was that bad.

Mom can't the ok from the dr. she can go on a flight.

Author: 401kinvestor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305188 of 308660
Subject: Re: some news tonight Date: 5/25/2012 11:42 PM
If your parents absolutely are too inform to fly to Florida from Phoenix, how about taking the money and offering to fly your brother out to Phoenix?

Right now my brother and his partner are moving to a different apartment in Naples, FL.

Who alternately suggests creating a new savings goal if all your retirement savings goals are already met

Basically when the car paid off my plan is to put $100 a paycheck to Az federal and see if I can keep it there and not use it.

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305189 of 308660
Subject: Re: some news tonight Date: 5/26/2012 12:06 AM
Mom can't the ok from the dr. she can go on a flight.

Understand, and I hope the situation improves. I had thought that maybe she was just a little weak and walking would be a challenge.

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305190 of 308660
Subject: Re: some news tonight Date: 5/26/2012 12:08 AM
my plan is to put $100 a paycheck to Az federal and see if I can keep it there and not use it.

That sounds like a fine plan if you can't send DB and his partner to Phoenix.

Fuskie
Who was just thinking if DM wasn't likely to improve enough to fly to Florida, it might be nice for him to see her in Phoenix if he didn't have the means himself...

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305212 of 308660
Subject: Re: some news tonight Date: 5/31/2012 9:25 AM
Right now my brother and his partner are moving to a different apartment in Naples, FL.

That takes, what, 2-3 days tops to pack everything into the truck, drive to the new place, unload, and unpack the essentials? He needs to come see his mother.

/lecture

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement