No. of Recommendations: 1
Some of your customers aren't happy with the value of the information that they received for what they paid, or they felt the description of what it was they were to receive didn't gel with what they got. Regardless, they (at least in their own mind) felt ripped off, so now they're seeking to make things right.

From the original post:

Occasionally, I have a customer pay, access the information, then write and ask for a refund with an explanation something like "I made a mistake - didn't mean to order."

It could be the person is not happy with the information, but I've never had anyone claim that, and if they did, I would promptly refund the money.

What's "new information" to some people might be "old news" to another. And if you do indeed sell someone something they already knew or could have easily found themselves in another source, then you just can't blame them for feeling upset about it.

I've never had anyone claim that.

Besides, it's information they can't get anywhere else. I have no competition.

And lastly, for that small minority that might still request a refund despite your stated no refund policy, make them jump through a few simple hoops.

Actually, I have tested that with success on a couple of occasions recently. I've asked them to explain to notify me in writing they will not use or share the information they obtained and I did't hear back from them.

I might have to continue that policy. Thanks for the suggestion.

ShelbyBoy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement