Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: gurdison Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 52478  
Subject: Some Unusual History Date: 10/3/2012 11:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The season ending series between the Astros and Cubs marks the first time in 50 years that two teams with 100 losses have faced eachother.

Cubs fans may remember that the last time this happened they were also involved in it. That year the Cubs finished up with the team for the ages the 1962 NY Mets.

As the Old Professor used to say "Can't anyone here play this game?"

B
Print the post Back To Top
Author: WotPeed Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47771 of 52478
Subject: Re: Some Unusual History Date: 10/3/2012 2:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I caught a few minutes of the Padres radio broadcast last night and the announcer mentioned that this Padres team is the first since 1900, I believe, to have 3 different players catch at least 50 games. I know that the schedule went from 154 games to 162 games sometime in the 60's. Did they even play 150 games in a season back in 1900? I think the announcer just meant "a really long time" and not exactly 1900 but I was wondering.

At least they've got that going for them.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement