UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: VTAlumni Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 251825  
Subject: Some VL Screen Tier2's to avoid Date: 11/16/2007 4:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Most seem avoid Tier 2 stocks - but I thought I'd mention this anyways. There are a lot less Tier 2 stocks showing up in the VL screens - which is no surprise since they need to make the VL list to show up in the screen picks. I also only have Dec06-July07, as its taking my system about a day for each month to download data from Yahoo to run these figures (it is searching 200+ screens now as opposed to just the 50 or so SIpro ones).

Just some interesting observations so far:
The average screen only has about 5-10 Tier 2 picks so far this year, but a few have more than 25 and some as many as 50.

YLDEARNYEAR2 found 53 Tier 2 stocks which returned an average of -4.84%
YLDEARNYEAR found 8 Tier 2 stocks which returned an average of -2.26%

TK2_R52 found 46 Tier 2 stocks which returned an average of -3.95%
TK2_R52 found 19 Tier 2 stocks which returned an average of -8.82% (ouch)

RS52WKT12 found 24 Tier 2 stocks which returned an average of -7.79%
RS26WKT12 found 26 Tier 2 stocks which returned an average of -8.48%
RS26WKT12 found 33 Tier 2 stocks which returned an average of -5.22%
RS2020 found 36 Tier 2 stocks which returned an average of -3.85

anyone know why Tier 2 stocks in these groups of screens would be doing so poorly across the board over a period where the market was doing pretty well?

On a side note... SHORT_M averaged a return of positive 10.82% across 34 picks, might be more useful as a normal screen with these Tier 2 picks rather than a short ;)

-Eric
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement