Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFSelena Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44  
Subject: some voices Date: 12/17/1997 2:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Some voices from our AOL board...

Subject: Re: When is this Dog going to move?
Date: Wed, Dec 17, 1997 01:56 EST
Message-id: <19971217065601.BAA06181@ladder02.news.aol.com>

LA Times 12-16-97

Andrew Addison, editor of Addison Report in Franklin Mass., likes BUS. "Greyhound, also a turnaround play has faltered for years with poor management, Addison said. But the company brought in a new chief executive almost three years ago and has been restructuring, he said. insiders were heavy buyers in April and May, he said.

It's gaining customers as railroad company Amtrak cuts back service. BUS also has the biggest market share among companies providing bus service between California and Mexico and Texas and Mexico, he said.

It had a terrible history. There were a lot of people because of its checkered past who removed it from their radar screens and haven't noticed it's an entirely different company."

============
Date: Mon, Dec 15, 1997 19:32 EST
Message-id: <19971216003200.TAA06765@ladder01.news.aol.com>

I am literally cryin' over the lazy mutt's perfromance as of late......The only reason I am hanging on right now is that my loss is too great for me to stomach (in to a small degree at 3 3/4 and the largeest stake at 4 1/2) and I am hopeful that sometime in the first quarter of 1998 "something" solid will happen to the dog that will somehow make my waite worthwhile?? Tarzan bright.......me dumb!!!!! This pick truly proved that I am a stock hack!!!
Ugh!!!

Praying for BUS everynight!!

Heff
=========

Date: Sat, Dec 13, 1997 11:43 EST
Message-id: <19971213164300.LAA01905@ladder02.news.aol.com>

One reason for the lack of movement of stock may be caused by investors
selling the bus for capital losses.Since the stock is in such a tight trading
pattern, the stock can be bought and sold at about the same price. So
investors can exit their position in the stock totally and take the capital losses or
they can sell their shares,take the capital losses for year, and buy greyhound again
in anticipation of capital gains for the next year
If this is a major factor effecting the stock price then we should see the stock
break its current $4 ceiling in Jan.

==========

Subject: When is this Dog going to move?
Date: Thu, Dec 11, 1997 21:18 EST
Message-id: <19971212021800.VAA07315@ladder02.news.aol.com>

Another good month but stock remains in the dog house. I am loosing my
patience. I've held on to this stock for 1 year with little to show for it.
Could have done better in my mutual fund. Anything positive out
there that will make this dog act like a greyhound and run?

==========

Subject: Re: WHAT HAPPENED????
Date: Tue, Nov 18, 1997 12:02 EST
Message-id: <19971118170201.MAA15299@ladder02.news.aol.com>

i am interested in buying some stock in BUS. I noticed any increase in rev due to ups strike can anyone tell me if they keep some of this business after strike, and if you take this rev. increase away figuring ups wont strike again any time soon, where would there earnings have been? cant figure this one out it seems this should have risen more , is ther a large debt? any info please.

john

==========

Date: Wed, Nov 12, 1997 15:45 EST
Message-id: <19971112204501.PAA11777@ladder02.news.aol.com>

As they say in the racing biz.. Do not tear up your tickets untill the
race is declared official.
I few months ago I was thinking that it would take 1 1/2 to 2 years for the
dog to break 5 3/4. Now with the improvements in place I am lowering
my estimate to 6 months to 1 year. If I'm right I will be eating in the penthouse
If I'm wrong I'll have kibble and bits in the dog house.

===========
Subject: 31 months
Date: Wed, Nov 12, 1997 00:16 EST
Message-id: <19971112051701.AAA19318@ladder01.news.aol.com>

Read in company news that greyhound is now at 31 months of increased
ticket sales. The yield this month went up over 2%. Guess the modernazation
of the fleet and the aquesitions are started to pay off.
The dog is in the starting gate. Once some big boys ring the bell
the dog is going to show what good legs it has.
Run dog, run.

=========

Date: Fri, Nov 7, 1997 22:09 EST
Message-id: <19971108030901.WAA17414@ladder02.news.aol.com>

I'm with you patkonfuzd. This is one that will take patience. They must show their ability to execute for at least a couple of quarters before the bigger hitters will step in. So far management is doing the right things. Riding buses cross country is not the rage of the day, not sexy, so it will take a while to increase revenues. Good service, scheduling and upgraded terminals may bring in more riders. The acquisitions may contribute to the
bottom line within the next year.

Dave
============

Date: Fri, Nov 7, 1997 18:08 EST
Message-id: <19971107230800.SAA23580@ladder01.news.aol.com>

I have also been in the BUS for about a year. I think that when, not if, BUS gets a couple of profitable qtrs. in a row, the start to make significant upwards move, but not until then. Managment has made some good aquisitions this year, paid down some debt, and overall has placed the company in a good position to turn a fairly consistant profit. When I originally bought BUS, I was hoping for
$7/sh. before I bailed. But now, I think that I will hold this stock for a while longer because when the stock price does start to move I think that it will be a strong upside move to somewhere between 12-15 per share. Could take a little while to get there, but it will be worth the wait.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement