Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFSelena Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 138  
Subject: some voices Date: 3/24/1998 6:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
From our AOL folder...

Subject: Re: albumin recall
Date: Tue, Feb 17, 1998 15:03 EST
Message-id: <19980217200301.PAA29193@ladder02.news.aol.com>

In the near future there will be the first cases described of the transmission of CJD by human albumin. The cases occurred in China and the source was infected albumin from Europe.

Biotime ( BTIM ) is set to file a NDA for a new 100% safe, effective and synthetic volume expander. Very interesting story. ABT is the big Pharma partner is the US.

===========

Subject: albumin recall
Date: Sat, Jan 24, 1998 10:16 EST
Message-id: <19980124151600.KAA15690@ladder02.news.aol.com>

I was reading another board this morning (BTIM, a very good board BTW) that referenced a recall of albumin due to a possible connection with BSE/CJD cases.

Does anyone on this board know anything about this? (I couldn't think of a better place to inquire.)
tks in advance
==========

Subject: Re: News
Date: Fri, Nov 28, 1997 16:18 EST
Message-id: <19971128211801.QAA21206@ladder01.news.aol.com>

I heard that Vimrex/Baxter's Isolex cell-separating device for bone marrow purging was rejected by FDA. I WONDER WHY WE HAVEN'T SEEN ANY OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM EITHER PARTY.
===========

Subject: ...relationship w/CERS.
Date: Sat, Nov 22, 1997 20:26 EST
Message-id: <19971123012600.UAA26776@ladder02.news.aol.com>

...the relationship w/CERS good be a blockbuster for both firms...do cross referch'g w/both firms...you will see that w/in a qutr. or two...it could be expl've....IMO....

==========

Subject: RE: PRICE DROP
Date: Sat, Nov 22, 1997 14:47 EST
Message-id: <19971122194700.OAA26310@ladder01.news.aol.com>

For what it is worth I agree that Baxt outlook is strong, but emphasize that it likely will have NOTHING to do with the blood substitutes mkt. Since we are seeing such products go belly up across all companies that sponsor them, think its a pretty fair bet that, as historically has been the case, Blood subs will remain an unfullfilled dream. Also, demand for blood & related products in the U.S. is actually declining slightly, and a whole slew of
products and processes about to hit the mkt likely will create added surplus (screening, cryopreservation,etc.). Again, Baxt is a good horse for the long term, but not for the reasons I see on this board.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement