No. of Recommendations: 0

Someone told me that I can open one before April 15 and have it count for the year 2000. Is that the case?


How would I technically go about doing this and have my IRA count for 2000 and not 2001, seeing as how we're actually in 2001 now?

You will have to fill out an application form. In most cases, it will ask you to disignate which year you want to apply it too. If you deposit $4000, you will designate $2000 to year 2000, and $2000 to year 2001.

It should be very simple, if it is not, email Financial cafe directly and ask them how to designate the year.

Good Luck

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.