No. of Recommendations: 4
Sometimes family problems are simply not curable.

Note that I didn't say "cured."

My point is that the only thing one can control in such situations is one's own reactions. I have a friend who's 57 and constantly complains about his father, who's been dead 10 years. It's beyond me how hanging onto this is making my friend's life better. Yeah, the old man was an SOB. But at this stage of the game, if it ruins your life it's your fault, not his.

None of this will stop your legal heirs from circling like vultures when you're gone. It will, however, get you past your anxiety about the family by making sure that your legal papers will be sufficient to send them back to their nests hungry.

Phil
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement