Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a son that recently has graduated from college.
22yrs old.
He still lives home and I provide for him( he pays school loans and
his own bills, plus car insurance)
In his final year 2003-2004 of college we paid some college bills in 2003 and the rest in 2004.
He is employed full time now ,since May, and makes about $10.50/hour
What are the rules, can I still claim him as a dependent on my tax return or not?
Is there an income level for him that dictates that I not claim him anymore?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.