Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Sonny,

First, anyone who knows a homosexual ought to read "good-bye I love you." Also, I think this book would make a wonderful gift for anyone.

Both "Out Of The Bishop's Closet" and "Good-bye I Love You" are not depressing in my opinion. "Good-bye I Love You" is a story of compassion about a woman and her gay husband. It is such a beautiful story of compassion that it will make you cry. None of the books will make you feel bad at all about your sexual orientation in my humble opinion, but I am not gay so maybe I missed something(?). They are wonderful books though.

Here is what the author of "Good-bye I love you" says:
Good-Bye, I Love You : A True Story of a Wife, Her Homosexual Husband, and a Love That Transcended Tragedy
by Carol Lynn Pearson

Shopping with us is 100% safe. Guaranteed.

(We'll set one up for you)
View my Wish List

Our Price: $9.95

Availability: Usually ships within 24 hours.

Paperback (March 1997)
Gold Leaf Pr; ISBN: 188272304X
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 273,577
Avg. Customer Review:
Number of Reviews: 4
Auctions and zShops sellers and our other stores recommend:

Tuke's "Summer Heat"-Whew! (Current bid: $70.00)
Lively, Scott: 7 Steps to Recruit-Proof Your Child: A Parent's Guide to Protecti (Price: $25.00)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editorial Reviews

The author, Carol Lynn Pearson , May 25, 2000
A painful story that has benefitted many.
Yes, Good-bye, I Love You was hard to write. And it was hard to live. But the book has been hugely useful to thousands of people, and I am grateful for that. All of us have a homosexual person somewhere in our lives. A brother, a sister, an uncle, a friend, a cousin, a husband. Husband. The plot thickens if he is your husband, and the drama escalates in pain, for both you and for him. Gerald and I wanted the perfect marriage, perfect family. We loved each other. He told me of his homosexual background when we became engaged, but that didn't matter-we could overcome anything. And we did. For a while. Twelve years and four children later, we found we could not longer overcome. We ended the marriage and maintained as good friends. Six years later he died of AIDS here in my home where I was taking care of him.

Gerald and I never talked of my writing our story, but it soon became evident that our story could be useful to the many individuals and families who were experiencing a similar challenge, not just the illness, but the phenomenon of dealing with a homosexual person.

Nearly fifteen years after the book was first published, I have seen awareness and compassion rise. I believe Gerald and I came together to assist in that journey.

If part of your own life's opportunity is to relate to a gay or lesbian person, may you do it with grace. And may Good-bye, I Love You be of some help.

Here is a review about "Out Of The Bishop's Close":
Reviewer: A reader from Ontario, California
The accurate portrayal of the honest experiences of a gay man who discovers his true sexuality when he was employed by his church's headquarters office. Although he reports some unpleasant facts about his conflicts in living, this story has the ring of truth. While, no one but the author can attest to the supernatural experiences he reports, this has always been the case with true mystics. The universe holds no secrets and this book is only one way that truth is coming to light. The author ends the story by telling of how he learned to forgive an abusive partriarchal hierarchy and, go on with his life liberated from the lies of his past. The first chapter has been published in award-winning anthologies, including: Wrestling With The Angel and Searching For Your Soul.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement