Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0, you can't convict the wrong person of fathering the child. ANy more than the mother can claim that Mick Jagger is the father.....

you've got to get the RIGHT one. lose.

No need to be tacky. Especially when you are not correct.

This occurred in 2007. The judge has already named one of them the legal father and it held up under appeal. So, yes, you can "convict" the wrong person (maybe) of paternity despite inconclusive DNA testing.

the state either has to spent 1 million on a super expensive DNA test....or the state could cut its losses and pay the child support.....until a cheaper test is designed.....

The state spends much more than that in quests for justice all the time. The child deserves to know who her father is. I wasn't aware of this "million dollar" test. But if it exists, IMHO, it should be used even if the cost to the state is higher.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.